Pages

Friday, April 17, 2009

Missed Adventures

I live on a college campus where a lot of strange events take place. I know strange events happen here because I am constantly running into ridiculous signs.

I have no idea where this sign leads, but I decided not to take any chances and headed in the opposite direction. Who knows maybe it was a fascinating lecture, but perhaps it was a room full of aliens sent here to destroy humankind or zombie nazis.

There are a lot of adventures in life and plenty of crazy activities. There's no way anyone can see everything and there's something beautiful in that. Sometimes it's ok to walk away from a crazy sign or stay home and rest instead of going on an adventure. As the great bard said, "If all the year were playing holidays, to sport would be as tedious as to work." I'll never know what mysterious destination to which this sign lead and that's ok with me. I'm sure someone had fun following this sign, and there will be other adventures for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts