Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Definition of Success Part I

How do you measure success? I'm not sure if you can accurately "measure" it, but you can use numerous indicators and tests if you want to try. The most common yardsticks of success seem to be career accomplishments and economic security. Although the only one that really matters is one's own personal measurement.
My Sister's Graduation

What gives your life meaning and fulfillment? My measurements of success aren't strongly tied to my career. Not to say I haven't loved my jobs, with one exception, I've LOVED every one of them. It does feel good to work hard at something I enjoy and accomplish goals. But my job is not a goal in itself, it is a means to an end. My most important concerns are, am I happy and have I made a difference? If I can answer yes to these two questions before bed at night, then I count my day as a successful one. If my job can help me with those goals, then it is a good job, if it cannot then it's time to find a new career.How do you see your job? Is it your one true passion, a way to pay the bills, or a means with which you accomplish happiness? And what do you do to feel successful?

1 comment:

  1. The graduation photo looks amazing! It seems that you really have an eye for photography. I am always excited to see what you come up with. ~Gina

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts