Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

And Packing is Half the Battle

Packing a suitcase is a unique experience. A true ritual of adventure, it's like a rain dance that summons trips to far away places. I love the feeling of excitement and untapped potential that rushes through my veins as I hear the familiar rip of a suitcase zipper. Sometimes I think about packing a suitcase just to see where it will take me.Packing is also an art form. The ability to masterfully pack every square inch of a suitcase with perfect precision seems to be mostly genetic. My wife is certainly a master packer. Sometimes I think she could even out pack Mary Poppins and that magical bag of hers. As you can probably guess, I'll be taking a trip soon and I am filled with anticipation. It's one of my favorite emotions, and a huge part of why i love adventures and travel. Anticipation is almost as much fun as the actual adventure, and nothing builds anticipation like packing a suitcase. I can feel adventure on the horizon and as I pack I must precisely anticipate what I'll need for my journey. Will I need my ninja headband? Which games should I bring? Is there room to bring my Japanese flash cards? These questions cannot be taken lightly as they will most certainly have a huge impact on the quest I am about to take. Packing is an exercise that requires excellent skills of anticipation and analyzation, superhuman spacial planning, and a little bit of luck. There's no better way to begin an adventure than with a good bit of packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts