Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

This Week's Bucket List Additions 10

More stuff I want to do in my life:

-Make really good sushi.  Difficulty rating 5 out of 10:
I love cooking.  I love sushi.  I think sushi is my favorite food ever.  It makes me sad that sushi intimidates a lot of people. (not all sushi is raw, in fact MOST American sushi is cooked)  Making sushi is more art than it is science. But like almost anything, if you just practice you can get pretty good at it.  I need to practice making sushi more often.  I guess I should through more sushi parties.  Seems like a win/win to me.

Tonight's Dinner
Copyright Jeff Howick 2011

-Own a sword.  Difficulty rating 2 out of 10:
I hate real violence, but I can never read enough stories about superheroes or animals with ninja powers.  I want to hold a sword and imagine doing impossible feats with it.  More importantly I want to cut watermelons and open mail in the most outlandish ways possible.  And owning a sword also gives you the perfect excuse to have a sword naming ceremony.  Objects of power, like swords, must always have an appropriately awesome name and what better way to celebrate coming up with an awesome name than by having an elaborate naming ceremony and party?  My sword of choice? A Katana.  Someday I'll have an awesome sword, and I'll never use another knife to cut large fruit again.  But until then, I'll have to b content with my plastic sword named Acetaminophen.

-Go bobsledding.  Difficulty rating 6 out of 10:
Doesn't bobsledding sound like great fun?  There's just something about speeding through a long tube of frozen water at dangerous speeds that I can't imagine it would be boring.  I don't think I want to actually compete in any sort of contest with a bobsled, but there are tons of places around the world where you can go bobsledding for fun and I plan to feel that cool bobsledding air flow through my hair sometime in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts