Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Lunch with the Birds

The other day, while walking along the beach, I came across a group of birds during lunch time.  The birds at my beach (which I think are seagulls, but all I really know is they're not penguins) don't usually like getting too close to strangers and seem mildly uncomfortable when I try to take their picture. In those two ways, they are like my wife.  But on this particular day, the birds were mostly too busy with the work of catching their lunch and gulping it down to pay too much attention to me.  So I got to play and take their pictures while they feasted and it was one of the best things I did all week.

Hunting for food


Seagulls eat Clams

Seagulls eat Muscles

Seagulls eat Starfish

I had no idea seagulls ate so many different kinds of food!  I think I also saw one eating a crab, but I didn't get a picture of that.  So apparently seagulls eat pretty much anything that moves and is smaller than they are on the beach.  (Clams and muscles technically do move right?)  I had so much fun watching the birds eat and play that I almost felt like one myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts