Pages

Friday, March 27, 2009

Wander What?

Wanderlust: a strong desire for or impulse to wander.

The world is a strange and wondrous place, calling out to be explored. And this is my intention. To wander around the world meeting interesting folks, stumbling onto adventure, and finding beauty in the world's mischief. There is no destination, and the journey may turn difficult. But I will not be alone. My wife and my camera should be with me for most of the voyage. I may even learn something along the way.

I've apparently decided to blog about this journey and my daily adventures. I don't know whether maintaining a blog makes me self-indulgent or not, but the main purpose of this endeavor is to give me some accountability in reaching my goals. This is to be a photoblog. Each day I intend to post a picture and some rambling thoughts to accompany it. I love to take pictures and want to improve, and I hear the best way is to simply go out into the world and take pictures of what inspires you.

So as much as this blog will be about my journeys into the beauty that surrounds me, it will also be about my journey toward becoming a better Photographer. With a little luck it'll be entertaining and maybe even productive. Hopefully you'll come along with me and help me along the way when you can.


"It's a dangerous business... going out your front door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." - J.R.R. Tolkien

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts