Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Whole World Smiles With You

Today was a great day. Everywhere I went, I was surrounded by the things I love. Not only did I get FREE comic books, but at Burger King they've decorated for Star Trek Day! It's like Christmas in May.For a few glorious weeks, Star Trek is mainstream. There are Phasers for sale in Target, Captain Kirk is in the grocery isles plastered to Cheeze-its, and at Burger King they're selling Star Trek glasses and Star Trek kid's meals.It feels like the world is celebrating with me. This must be what football fans experience on Superbowl Sunday or the Irish on St. Patrick's Day. I think we should all take turns celebrating the interests and cultures of all kinds of different minorities. It feels great to see the things you love in unexpected places. Like the whole world has suddenly become a Star Trek convention. What a glorious day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts